Caring for children and young people brings unique joys and challenges. The Connecting Carers NSW 24-hour telephone support service is manned by experienced staff who are always available to answer questions and offer support. Your child’s caseworker and agency plays a key role in supporting you and your child.
Achieving the best possible outcomes for children and young people in out of home care requires:
- Effective communication: The understanding that both caseworkers and carers welcome sharing of information and feedback.
- Collaboration: Carers, caseworkers, agencies and service providers working together to resolve issues.
- Reaching out: The provision of care for children and young people is an important and demanding job. Support is available when you need it. Talk to us for help.
Call Connecting Carers support line 1300 794 653
Other Help Lines
- Karitane Parent Line 1300 227 464
- Child Protection Helpline 132 111
- Grandparent Adviser (Centrelink) 1800 245 965
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Kids Help Line 1800 55 1800
- Parent Line NSW 1300 1300 52